Normandy has operated under the Council-Manager form of government since 1978. This system combines the strength of an elected Mayor and City Council with a professional manager and staff.
The City Administrator/Clerk's Office includes the:
- City Administrator/Clerk
It is the City Administrator/Clerk's job is to make sure the policy decisions made by the City Council are carried out and that public services are delivered efficiently and effectively.
The City Administrator/Clerk is responsible for:
- Making recommendations to the Council, which the Council may accept, reject, or modify
- Implementing any action taken by the Council
- Making budget recommendations to the City Council
- Overseeing 3 department managers, who supervise more than 50 employees
As a City Council-appointed, record-keeping officer, the City Administrator/Clerk and staff are responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by State law and City Code.
These duties include:
- Archiving City Council documents, official proceedings, ordinances, and resolutions
- Administering beer, wine, and liquor licenses
- Maintaining boards and commissions applications and appointments
- Administering business licenses (PDF)
- Maintaining City Council meeting and election materials
- Developing agreements and leases
- Administering dog licenses
- Providing Notary Public services (for residents only)
- Publicizing of legal notices
- Recording official documents
- Administering Special Events Permits